Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Barbie: Friendship, Not for Sale (Barbie & Friends Book Club)

The 13 Words!: Caterpillers are boring. Even more boring when they become a costume for four.

The Creature from the Back Cover!: "Halloween is coming, and Stacie and her friends can't wait to showoff their caterpillar costume built for four. But when one of the girls announces she's moving, it's hard to get into the spirit. Barbie reminds the girls what being bests friends is all about."

The Facts that Attacked Mars!: This book is part of a series of Barbie books in a book club that as far as I can tell is no longer around.

The Monster Speaks!: Not too exciting. It's a pretty gentle Halloween read with no scares or anything of the sort. It's mostly a friendship story.
While it's not my favorite book in my collection, I do enjoy the photographs even though they are marginally Halloween related. I've always been fascinated by doll houses, and the photographs are sorta like a glimpse into a doll house in a way.


What Lurks Between These Covers?



Costume Making



The Party


--My only question: where are Barbie and Stacie's parents? Are they orphans?



2 comments:

Constance Parker said...

I've always wondered that about Stacie -- *Where* are her folks?! And what does she do when she's not third wheeling on Barbie and Ken's dates or baking cookies with Barbie? Is she pining away in an orphanage?!

ErinPaperbackstash said...

This is one book I'm glad to have not read when I was younger. The Babysitter's Club is bad enough :)